Partnerships and Collaborations
In line with the vision and philosophy of the University to be a top class university renowned for its excellent academic and research activities, the University Management opened doors for collaboration, linkages and partnerships with other universities around the world. The first effort for collaboration started when the University received a delegation from Tanta University, Egypt.
The Vision of the Internationalisation effort of the SLU is to expand the University’s frontier of international relationships in order to promote a reputable international presence and showcase the University as one of the leading institutions in collaborative multi-disciplinary research. Other objectives of the collaboration efforts are to:
- Attain a recognised global ranking
- Support international academic programmes through the establishment of joint degrees
- Generate and disseminate information on international opportunities such as Scholarships and Grants to the University community
- Advocate the internationalisation of faculties and programmes through staff and students exchange programmes.
In order to maximise benefit from the regional integration of University Education within the West African sub-region and African, the University became a member of two (2) International Associations namely: Association of West African Universities (AWAU) and Association of African Universities (AAU) on 22nd of January and 17th March, 2015 respectively.
The University is also a member of OXONIA University Network, Oxford, United Kingdom, an umbrella of some world’s top Universities that promote and share the common doctrine of advancing internationalisation for all members of the Network.
One collaborations and partnership with sister Institutions across the globe, the University signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus; Near East University, Cyprus and Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Malaysia aimed at promoting co-operation in teaching, learning and academic research, with focus on the following areas:
- Co-operation on Academic Programmes
- Developing joint research activities in fields of common interest
- Promoting and encouraging Staff and Students exchange programmes
- Postgraduate (Masters and Doctoral) training for the staff of Sule Lamido University
- Facilitate visits to both institutions for professional and academic activities such as conferences, workshops, lectures, symposia and exhibitions
- Organise short term courses/training on language and other programmes for the students of the partner institutions
- Exchange information, including the results of teaching, research and collaboration
- Any other activities viewed to be mutually beneficial to the partnering institutions.